copy multiple dvd at once

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by ace2001, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ace2001

ace2001 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to copy multiple dvds at once. I need to copy like 100 home videos for my wedding so was wondering if could do like 2 at time. save me sometime

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Using what program? Clonedvd? You can. You would need to run the program twice at the same time. I don't really recommend doing that, but you can.

3. ace2001

i was thinking of using nero seen somewhere you can do it with nero but cant find that forum no more

4. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it can be done with CloneDVD. Just run multiple instances of it.

5. ace2001

will they turn out good if you do that or poorly

6. DetroitBaseball

They should be just fine. If you have an old computer I wouldn't do it though.

7. ace2001

i have p4 1.7 512 ram

8. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend burning more than one title at a time due to your PC specs personally.

9. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I have Nero 8.1.1.0. You can select "use multiple recorder" in the burn menu.

I can't remember if older versions of Nero also offered that option.

10. DetroitBaseball

A 1.7GHz P4 is not sufficient enough to burn 2 movies at one time in my opinion.

11. ace2001

my nero has that multiple recorder thing. tryed to find thing on nero to read how to use that but cant find nothing. And i know people have way better computers then me and there computers take alot longer to backup up there movies.

12. ridhst

ridhst Well-Known Member

Nero has that in Ver 7 also

I have a AMD 2GB and 1.5 MB RAM and I have burned 4 at one time and they came out nice. I did it at 2.4 speed. I would try it with 2 first. I would not try more or run a test with more first. Good Luck

13. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

A 1.7 P4 "should" be fine particularly if it is a home built unit. How much and what speed RAM?

14. Charlie

Don't know speed but they have only 512 RAM.

15. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

That should be sufficient. I've done it with less.

16. ace2001

what speed burner speed or computer my computer is 1.81 not 1.7 made mistake

17. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Still good.

18. Charlie

Let me add oldjoe he's going to use either clonedvd2 or Nero 8 as both are on his system.

19. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

OK :confused:

20. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

In this particular situation I'd ask for the assistance of a friend or two. Burn a copy or two of the original and give them to one or more friends who are picky enough to worry about making good copies and spread the load of the 100 discs that way. It would definitely cut down on the time needed to complete the process.

I know this doesn't really answer the question but it's just my two cents. I really wouldn't ever recommend burning two discs at once.