Copy problem with Disney CARS2 (w/Log)

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Getrdone, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Getrdone

Getrdone Member

I’ve tried to make a backup copy of the Disney CARS2 movie that was purchased as a gift. I’ve made several attempts, using different updated versions of AnyDVD (including beta’s). I am using the latest version AnyDVD (HD) 7.0.1.0 as of today. I am also using Clone DVD.

After the movie is copied, everything seems to work fine, but when the actual movie starts there is no sound. However, all of the trailers, movie previews and every other clip have sound, just not the movie.

This seems to be a rather usual problem.. What would you like me to post to help get this matter resolved/fixed? TIA

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 7.0.1.0, BDPHash.bin 12-03-02)
    HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B 0017 0BGCA03/05/23
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
    Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2070848 sectors (4044 MBytes)
    Total size: 4137408 sectors (8080 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CARS_2
    Media is CSS protected!
    Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
    Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
    Found & removed structural copy protection!
    Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
    Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
    Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
    RCE protection not found.
    UDF filesystem patched!
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.
    Removed CSS copy protection!
    Found & removed 18 potential bad sector protections!
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. Getrdone

Getrdone Member

Copy problem with Disney CARS2

I’ve tried to make a backup copy of the Disney CARS2 movie that was purchased as a gift. I’ve made several attempts, using different updated versions of AnyDVD (including beta’s). I am using the latest version AnyDVD (HD) 7.0.1.0 as of today. I am also using Clone DVD.

After the movie is copied, everything seems to work fine, but when the actual movie starts there is no sound. However, all of the trailers, movie previews and every other clip have sound, just not the movie.

This seems to be a rather usual problem.. What would you like me to post to help get this matter resolved/fixed? TIA

3. James

James SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

Starts... how? What do you try to playback where?

4. Getrdone

Getrdone Member

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 7.0.1.0, BDPHash.bin 12-03-02)
    HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B 0017 0BGCA03/05/23
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
    Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2070848 sectors (4044 MBytes)
    Total size: 4137408 sectors (8080 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CARS_2
    Media is CSS protected!
    Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
    Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
    Found & removed structural copy protection!
    Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
    Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
    Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
    RCE protection not found.
    UDF filesystem patched!
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.

Attached Files:

5. calcu007

calcu007 Well-Known Member

What program did you use to copy? Where you played? computer or dvd player? What software?

6. Getrdone

Getrdone Member

My copy software is Clone DVD. I burned the movie directly to a DVD as I have done many times in the past, since 2006. I always double check the completed discs on my computer using Windows Media Player (using latest version). The disc works the same on my computer and DVD player. Everything (preview titles, trailers and other clips) all have sound, but NOT the movie.

I've never had an issue like this in the past. It's a first for me.

My copy software is Clone DVD. I burned the movie directly to a DVD as I have done many times in the past, since 2006. I always double check the completed discs on my computer using Windows Media Player (using latest version). The disc works the same on my computer and DVD player. Everything (preview titles, trailers and other clips) all have sound, but NOT the movie.

I've never had an issue like this in the past. It's a first for me.

BTW.. I created a second post (Copy problem with Disney CARS2 (w/Log) ), because I forgot to include the log file in this one. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  7. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

You need to please stay in one thread, so that you'll get help.

In the future, when you create a thread, please stay in it until your issue is solved.

Since you said you used CloneDVD, I seem to remember that Cars2 only worked if you converted the movie to a DVD 9, not the usual DVD 5 which is usually used for CloneDVD.

Could you try something different, like the free VLC media player? Google for the address for the software. I have CARS2, and using VLC, I have no issues with the movie. I also converted the movie to a DVD-9 (which means that you'll have to burn the movie to a dual layer DVD, not the regular sized ones.)
    My audio is fine, along with the picture.

Good luck.

8. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

My 1st thought is to look carefully in CloneDVD and make SURE all the right audio streams are checked off - this can't happen if they are. AnyDVD doesn't touch audio - so whatever is happening is in CloneDVD

-W

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  9. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

This bit of info about audio concerning CloneDVD2 might help you out.

Please let me know if it did.

Thank you.

EDIT: I forgot from my previous post that I used Slysoft's Virtual Clone Drive in conjuction with VLC to test any movies I converted to ISO with AnyDVD/CloneDVD2, and also if I sometimes converted a Blu ray disc to ISO with AnyDVD HD. Both are free to download and use.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  10. Getrdone

Getrdone Member

I'm using an older DVD burner NEC (ND-3500A). I’m not sure, if it’ll burn a Dual Layer DVD. If so, I’ll have to get one to try out.

I have tried using QuickTime, WINDVD and the VLC media player that was suggested with the same result. I even tried using on my stand alone DVD player. There was sound for all the movie previews, trailers and clips, but no sound for the movie.

I’ve also double checked to ensure all of the audio streams were checked on Clone DVD2. They were all checked by default.

11. RBBrittain

RBBrittain Well-Known Member

Go back to the link in whatever_gong82's post. If you don't want to use double-layer media, figure out which one is the correct audio track and check only that one for ripping.

According to NEC's support page for the ND-3500A, it will burn DVD+R DL media. (Be sure it's +R, not -R.) You can also copy 1:1 to ISO (with either the AnyDVD ripper or ImgBurn) and load the ISO using VCD.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  12. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

I just tried this to see if I got the same results. DVD-5, title 39 angle 1 only (unchecked all others) English Dolby AC-3/6 audio and it works a treat on a single layer blank. Mine is US R1 NTSC as well.

13. Getrdone

Getrdone Member

Thanks Spanky.. I did what you suggested, but the actual movie will not play. It seems to skip right past it (almost like it don't exist on the DVD). Everything else seems to work fine, but no movie.

14. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

I guess I failed to mentioned I used Copy DVD titles, and did only the movie, no menus or anything else. I got a 100% backup on a single layer disk - no compression.

15. Getrdone

Getrdone Member

That did the trick Spanky. Thanks for all your help. :D

16. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

You bet :)

17. Lizzard

Lizzard Member

I've encountered the same issue before. I just use the default settings, with 99% of disks coming out fine. Cars 2 did the same for me.