Death Race and Anydvd

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by f575gtc, Mar 17, 2009.

1. f575gtc

f575gtc Active Member

I don't know if this is a ripping issue or what but I have ripped death race on BD to my hdd, when I play the biggest stream file its the video with the commentary, I ran ClownBD and it always uses the commantry stream, what am I doing wrong here?

also the bluray comes with both the theatrical and unrated versions any idea on how to get the unrated version only?

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

If you are playing the biggest stream file I have to assume that means you aren't playing a mounted ISO or you are not playing the disc as a BD disc structure and just the files. Most playback software cannot or will not decode HD audio tracks from the files and will play the first non-HD track that is detected. In this case the first track detected that isn't HD audio must be the commentary and it makes sense that it wouldn't be HD audio. This issue is a playback issue with the software rather than an AnyDVD HD issue and the suggestion is that playback should be done from mounted images instead of from files.

The questions concerning Clown BD can be answered by people who know more about it.

3. f575gtc

f575gtc Active Member

umm i dunno why this was moved but this was a issue before i ran clownbd its not an issue with clownbd... but thanks for your response

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

Play the disc [not files] from your BD drive. Is the audio correct? If it isn't then this could be an AnyDVD HD issue. If the audio is correct then there should be no difference when ripping the disc and if there is a difference that means the problem is either with the playback software or the ripping software other than the AnyDVD ripper.

Play the disc from the BD drive with AnyDVD HD enabled and let me know if the issue occurs. If it does I'll move the post back but I believe the issue is with the ripping software or playback software.

Many people often try to say AnyDVD HD causes an issue with audio but it doesn't. The issues are with playback software and the reasons why they play the wrong streams. AnyDVD HD doesn't even touch audio streams. That is why I moved the thread.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. f575gtc

f575gtc Active Member

ok, Im using imgburn to make the files anydvd hd copied to my hdd to combine them into an iso following the instructions posted on this forum.

as far as the two versions regular and unrated, any way of picking one or the other? or not yet?

6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I didn't move your thread. But your thread was moved because your problem has nothing to do with Anydvd HD. Anydvd HD doesn't change audio at all.

7. DrinkLyeAndDie

Someone might know how but I honestly haven't run into a disc like this yet so I'm not totally sure how to quickly differentiate between the two.

Edit: Just to be clear, I am the one who moved the thread.

8. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

9. ocgw

ocgw Well-Known Member

Look @ the running time of the .m2ts streams associated w/ the playlists, the director's cut, and unrated versions usually run a few minutes longer

ocgw

peace

10. DrinkLyeAndDie

Yes, that should work in the majority of cases. I was approaching it from the wrong angle.

11. ocgw

ocgw Well-Known Member

It's all good DLAD

To those who must use the .m2ts stream rather than a folder or ISO I suggest keeping 1, and only 1 non-HD sound track, but if played from a PC VLC Lan player allows you to play the .m2ts stream and pick from multiple audio tracks

ocgw

peace