Error PS18 on dvd Beastly

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by Indyrod, May 2, 2012.

1. Indyrod

Indyrod Well-Known Member

Anydvd will only copy my dvd around 78% and stops with the error code ps18. I've never had this problem with Anydvd before, and I've read all the posts in this forum on that subject. The movie is "Beastly", and I understand there is a problem with Anydvd with this error on some dvds. thank you, and I love your product. And I am using the most current version. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

The latest version is, try downloading that and try again
  3. Indyrod

sorry, I meant

I just ran it again to get the logfile, it is attached now.

Attached Files:

4. Indyrod

running Windows 7 on a HP G62 laptop, if that helps. thanks again...
  5. James

James SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

Please try to set the AI scanner to always enabled.
  6. Indyrod

worked perfectly... now I am confused, should I keep the AI setting always enabled, instead of the automatic default? thanks alot for the help, I don't know enuff about the software settings, so I wouldn't have even thought of that.
  7. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g Well-Known Member

If you read the message before, the answer is YES, ALWAYS ENABLED.
  8. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

After you have completed backing up the disc or whatever you were doing with it then return the setting to Automatic (Default).

No. Once this disc has been successfully dealt with then the AI Scanner should not be left always enabled. The setting should be set to Always Enabled only when a user is instructed to do so and should always be reverted back to Automatic afterward.
  9. Indyrod

thanks again, this forum is great. really a quick answer that surprised me completely. now I know what AI Scanner means. :agree: