Failed to read DVD!?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray)' started by phenixdragon, Jun 7, 2010.

1. phenixdragon

phenixdragon Active Member

What is happening is that I keep getting an error that AnyDVD HD has failed to read my DVD. It keeps saying it may be dirty, damaged, etc...but the DVD plays perfectly fine. I seem to have this issue only with notebook DVD drives. This issue is happening on my new MacBook Pro and it happened with previous notebook which was a Gateway. It even happened with the Blu-Ray drive I had in my gateway. If I pop it in my Media Center I AnyDVD will read it fine. If I use a USB external drive, it reads it fine. This pretty much happens with every DVD I put into it, and I have tried dozens. If I do it enough times it may read it but generally it won't.

I also do notice that the AnyDVD incon in the systray turns gray which never works again until I reinstall AnyDVD. This normally would happen from time to time but when it says it can't read a DVD it will turn gray.

Any ideas what could be going on?
  2. phenixdragon

I also never have set the DVD region on any of my drives before. Would this be causing a problem? I'm not at home so I can't see if they are set on my Media Center or my USB DVD drive.
  3. phenixdragon

Yup it was the region locked. Once set it started working properly. Should have read more.