Having trouble with Alien BD rip...Unable to load rip into Handbrake

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray)' started by KevinM, Jan 29, 2011.

1. KevinM

KevinM Member

I am having a bit of trouble ripping and converting Alien Blu Ray, for use on my iPad.

I have used the same method dozens of times, but this particular disc has me stumpeed, and I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with it, and can offer any advice.

Basically, the BD appears to rip OK, and I get the 31 M2TS files that make up the main movie, however, when I try to add any of these files to Handbrake, it comes up with a message saying:

No Title(s) Found
    Your source may be copy protected, badly mastered or in a format which Handbrake does not support.

Anyway, I am using the latest Handbrake version (and have even tried the nightly builds).

As far as I can tell, Alien BD is Region Free, and I ripped it as such, though just to be sure, I also ripped it and told AnyDVD HD that it was Region B (it is a UK BD disc), but with the same result.

The ripped files, however, play OK using Windows Media Player.

If anyone has some thoughts and suggestions they can offer as to how/why Handbrake is not recognising these files, and how to resolve it, I'd be grateful.

Like I said, I have done dozens of movies, with no problems. This has been the first awkward one.

Attached Files:

2. Carborundum

Carborundum Active Member

Handbrake supports Blu-ray folder structure, so why load individual M2TS-files? Simply choose "Add folder" in the "Source"-tab, and point Handbrake at the top folder in the tree.