HD Media Player boxes

Discussion in 'High Definition Hardware' started by kell490, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Guinness77

Guinness77 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody uses "protected" BD iso's with any of the media player boxes, and how I would go about that if I store my iso's on a nas of some type.

Thank You

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

I wouldnt recommend that. If you create protected iso's, anydvd needs to run in order to decrypt them and enable playback. Doubt if you can install anydvd on a NAS.

3. Guinness77

Thanks. I will have to figure something out, I really do not want to go back and re-rip with protection disabled, but if I have to I will.

4. BurnerHEAD

BurnerHEAD Well-Known Member

Well, before having an HD media player box, it was irrelevant to me, but now I'm glad I always removed protection ;-)

5. Guinness77

What about this as a work around?
    Does anybody know if I mount an iso file on a virtual drive with anydvd, can I then share that with a Dune or other media player? Do they have that ability?
    That way I could leave protection intact?

Thanks!
    (Front what I found it looks like I could at least stream from the mounted iso file (mkv etc.) , but I am looking for full menu support etc..)

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  6. kell490

kell490 Member

Looks like the dune player does play 3d according to there website
    •RealD: watch 3D video in this ultra modern format used in cinema for the latest movies.

Is the Dune player the cadillac of the media players I have been looking again at the netgear 550 and it says it will play ISO and has TRUE HD audio as well most of the cheaper ones do no suppor true HD audio if you have 7.1 amp and speakers system

7. metal07

metal07 Active Member

This is not quite true nowadays as with the recent introduction of Realtek 1185 chipset, there are a lot of low price media players released that can bitstream HD audio (TrueHD, DTS-HDMA), though a lot come from Chinese companies.

8. kell490

kell490 Member

We tested the seagate go player it didn't work too well the video suddered and audio was out of sync plus the remote doesn't work too well. We wondered why all of them were returned now we know why. We are now testing the WD TV Plus player by western digital. The specs say it will play M2TS files but not ISO. The audio does not state TRUE HD only Dolby DTS 2.0 what ever 2.0 is.

9. jeremyt

jeremyt New Member

any kind of problems?read every type of video files?The firmware is constantly upgraded?

Thanks a lot