Help! BD Rebuilder error

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by wsmarshall, Feb 17, 2011.

1. wsmarshall

wsmarshall Member

When trying to run BD RB, I get the following error:
    "Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I've searched the web and found the following solution:
    Sometimes certain Microsoft Libraries can become unregistered when installing and uninstalling a lot of software. One very common problem is the MSCOMCTL.OCX.

To correct the error, first search your drive for MSCOMCTL.OCX to see if you have it. If not you can download it from HERE

The file should be placed in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. Or, if you are C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 if you are using WinXP.

Once it is there click START--> RUN and type "REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX" (No quotes) in the box.

That should fix the problem.

However, when I try that I get the following error: "The module xxx.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c."

Anyone know how to fix this?
  2. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you be asking this over at Doom9 on the official BD Rebuilder forum?
  3. europeman

europeman Guest

missing the active x component

I do not have the link but if you do a google search you will find many links to download the component.

The command is regsvr (64) mscomctl.ocx from the location of the file. a different version is out there for 32 and 64 bit
  4. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

You want simple answer if so, run BD-Rebuilder as administrator and tada problem solved.

Though you only need to do once.
  5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl