How to handle DVDs showing DVD MEDIA or UNDEFINED instead of the title?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by mccasle, Nov 1, 2009.

1. mccasle

mccasle New Member

I have run about 300 regular DVD discs (region 1) through ANYDVD HD and it has been working very, very well.

From time to time, the movie's name will come up as 'DVD MEDIA' or 'UNDEFINED'. I am ripping these to a Netgear NV+ for streaming on a Netgear streamer.

I usually just go in and edit the folder name after the rip is done. Is that the best way to handle it? "Deep Impact" is one such movie in this category. Tried 2 different clean DVDs at different times and got the same movie name.

Thanks in advance!

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

Handle it just like any other DVD. When the disc was authored by the Studio this is how they named it. This is simple laziness on their part. It's not AnyDVD doing anything odd.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

That's based on the volume name of the dvd. It's not a bug.

Specificy a different directory path if you want before ripping.

4. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Now that we've established (twice) that AnyDVD has nothing to do with it - the answer you're looking for is YES - renaming the folder after the ripping is perfectly fine if you do not or cannot rename up front. I personally go in and rename the videots folder to the movie name and move it out to the front - eliminating one depth of directory structure.

-W

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009