Just asking: any time table for Clone BluRay?

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Dr. Shane, May 4, 2011.

1. dvdit

dvdit Well-Known Member

I have no experience with CloneDVD, and me being a picture quality anal, how do you expect the picture quality would be when a movie is compressed to a smaller size, say to fit a 45GB disc to BR-R 25GB using Clone BD?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

Pretty damn good cause the freeware tool BD-Rebuilder can do movie only backups to a single layer DVD at virtually no quality loss, and full disc backups without any loss at all (with the same procedure of removing unwanted audio & subtitle streams like clonedvd2 can for dvd's)

3. dvdit

dvdit Well-Known Member

I have been using Rebuilder for the past year and I am very happy with the result. I was wondering if CloneBD would render the same quality.

4. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Well-Known Member

High-quality H.264 seems much more resilient than MPEG-2 when it comes to holding up against transcoding. I wouldn't keep on running it through again and again, but you seem to be able to get away with at least 1 run without a serious reduction in quality.

5. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g Well-Known Member

FINALLY! :clap:

Wouldn't it be nice if it became available on February 29, 2012?!:rock:

Can anyone tell me how to create a signature everytime I go to post?
    Thanks!

6. vze2mp9g

Thank You! :rock:

7. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

Go here: http://forum.slysoft.com/usercp.php
    Then, under Your Control Panel, look for Settings & Options>Edit Signature.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

he sent me a pm via mail about that sig creation too.

9. vze2mp9g

Can you tell us will it be able to shink a BD 50 Gb to a 8.5 Gb DVD? Can you give us any details of what it's capable of doing and not capable of doing? This is like waiting for Santa Claus. Allot of people are waiting for CloneBD, or will it be named something else. I know Slysoft won't let us down! :rock:

10. dhoward

dhoward Well-Known Member

I know this question has been asked many many times. But....will someone from Slysoft please announce a date for BD. Everyone jokes about Feb. and a few posts back it was even hinted it was this Feb. Why the big secret? This program has been talked about for more then 2 years and still has not appeared. Just let us know a time table....

11. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

February aint over yet, and all jokes aside. I remember someone from slysoft say that "this may very well be the year", think it was peer (not sure thoug). There's a good reason they don't say dates. If they post a date ppl whine "why still so long", and when the release happens to be a little late "why wasn't it released", and if they don't post a date ppl whine (when's it coming out)

12. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

13. dhoward

I understand why they may not want to provide a date but this has been in discussion for over two years. It would seem like it is time to shine some light on this product. I for one am waiting to buy it. Every day I check this site looking for some inkling of where it is and have gotten tired of "Feb". You are right, the month is not over but the signs don't look good.

14. zipperhead

zipperhead New Member

I just know that my support for AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD will run out by the end of this year. And I love the product. Thank you SlySoft. But if they don't come out with a Clone BD by then, I'm afraid I will have to part ways and move to DVDFab Products.

15. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

Slysoft was the first to break BD+, remember, and make backups on blu ray discs a reality. Their customer service is second to none, and they have always have a solution for any disc within a couple of days at a minimum when a problem is known. Slysoft will be the ones that can fix the Cinavia plague, not Fengtao.

Remember that their (Fengtao's) 'solution' for Cinavia (which only worked on a Sony Playstation 3, and added encyption onto a back up blu ray disc-- what a dubious concept!!) was just recently blocked by the latest PS3 update. If you want the best, you should always buy from Slysoft, not some cheap, foreign knock off brand.

16. dhoward

It is not really a question of who makes the best product. Slysoft wins that award in all of its programs. It is more about the frustration of when will BD be released. It is been in play for over 2 years. Yes, there are work around methods available, either for free or not. But BD is sure to be better then all of those. It is just becoming frustrating waiting and wondering why is it taking so long for the initial release. At this point in time there is really nothing that would allow me to believe it will be released this year. I don't know if it is a technical problem, or something to do with lawsuits, or if they are just trying to cleanup the credit card problems. How long did it take to develop their original software? The Manhattan Project took less time then CloneBD.....:bang:

17. vze2mp9g

I totally agree with your opinion. I feel the same way. I'm looking at other programs, BD_Rebuiler, VSO's software, and now, even DVDFab (they are really expensive), and it seems like even though they are not good as Slysoft, at least they have a product out there. The other companies are always updating thier software, Slysoft should do the same. Look at AnyDVD HD, they release BETAs a couple of times a week, which I don't mind. They could do the same for their product, CloneBD. :agree:

18. Dr. Shane

Dr. Shane Active Member

It is 1 March. :(

19. Recycle

Recycle Well-Known Member

You do know there is another free program that will do just as good...Imgburn...

I used it with Anydvd HD to back my BD media to make a 1:1 backup and it works just fine. So one just has to do some looking to find a good alternative til then. And I would say Imgburn so far has worked will for me when used with Anydvd HD to create the ISO and burned to BD-R media with Imgburn produced perfectly fine working backups of BD media.

20. vze2mp9g

That's for a 1:1 backup only and a 1 Tb drive can only hold about 20 ISO Blu-Ray movies. 50Gb BD are still expensive, but the 25Gb BD are allot cheaper. Using BD Rebuilder is painfully slow on a Pentium 4 @ 3Ghtz. :bang:

I use the BD backups to watch on my Widescreen TV, and not my PC, so I need a physical BDDVD to watch the movie. I like watching from backups because I don't have to worry about damaging the underside with scratches and dust particles.