Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by mike_r, Jan 15, 2009.

1. enroberts

enroberts New Member

Inglourious Basterds issue...

Hello. I am having an issue when trying to rip Inglourious Basterds from BD. Here is what the log says:
    eac3to v3.17
    command line: "F:\ClownBD\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "E:" 1) 1: "F:\ClownBD\Temp\Chapters_1.txt" 2: "F:\ClownBD\Temp\Video_2.*" 3: "F:\ClownBD\Temp\Audio_3_English.DTS" -progressnumbers -LOG="F:\ClownBD\Temp\LOGS\eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M2TS, 1 video track, 3 audio tracks, 5 subtitle tracks, 2:33:00, 24p /1.001
    1: Chapters, 34 chapters
    2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
    3: DTS Master Audio, English, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 48khz
    (core: DTS, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 1509kbps, 48khz)
    4: DTS, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
    5: DTS, French, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 768kbps, 48khz
    6: Subtitle (PGS), English
    7: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
    8: Subtitle (PGS), French
    9: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
    10: Subtitle (PGS), French
    Creating file "F:\ClownBD\Temp\Chapters_1.txt"...
    [v02] Extracting video track number 2...
    [a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
    [v02] Creating file "F:\ClownBD\Temp\Video_2.h264"...
    [a03] Creating file "F:\ClownBD\Temp\Audio_3_English.DTS"...
    Reading the source file failed. <ERROR>
    Aborted at file position 11253317632. <ERROR>

I've never had issues with any of my other disks to date. I have also just updated to the latest version of anydvd hd and this did not fix the issue I'm having here. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Neal

2. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

Read error.

3. enroberts

enroberts New Member

Any idead why? I can watch the movie with no audio/video issues at all. -Neal

4. Rugby Lock

Rugby Lock New Member

Beowulf Problems

Tried to use rip beowulf last night and make an ISO from it and I got the following error code:

eac3to v3.17
    command line: "c:\Users\Heath\Documents\Clown_BD_v0.75[1]\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "G:" 1) 2: "C:\Users\Heath\Documents\Chapters_2.txt" 3: "C:\Users\Heath\Documents\Video_3.*" 4: "C:\Users\Heath\Documents\Subtitles_4_English.sup" 5: "C:\Users\Heath\Documents\Subtitles_5_English.sup" -progressnumbers -LOG="C:\Users\Heath\Documents\LOGS\eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EVO, 1 video track, 6 subtitle tracks, 1:54:20
    1: Joined EVO file
    2: Chapters, 15 chapters
    3: h264/AVC, 480p30 /1.001 (15:11), 2526081ms
    4: Subtitle (DVD), English
    5: Subtitle (DVD), English
    6: Subtitle (DVD), French
    7: Subtitle (DVD), Spanish
    8: Subtitle (DVD), French
    9: Subtitle (DVD), Spanish
    Creating file "C:\Users\Heath\Documents\Chapters_2.txt"...
    [v03] This EVO/VOB file contains authoring faults. Will try to work around that. (1634) <WARNING>
    [v03] Extracting video track number 3...
    [s05] Extracting subtitle track number 5...
    [v03] Creating file "C:\Users\Heath\Documents\Video_3.h264"...
    [v03] The h264/AVC stream is a mixture of progressive and interlaced encoding. <WARNING>
    [s04] Extracting subtitle track number 4...
    [s05] The SUP reader received unknown data. <ERROR>
    Aborted at file position 296747008. <ERROR>

Any and all help would be appreciated.

5. HD4me

HD4me New Member

Hello,

great tool.

But with some BR-Rips I have problems.
    For example Firefly Disc 1. Only the first track will be muxed using ClownBD, all other tracks are not muxed using the same options working with the first track.

Any suggestion/help?

Thanks a lot.

cU

HD4me

6. uwansumadis

uwansumadis Member

I think I have decided to get a burner. I am going to get a BD-RE to play around with first. What type of file gets burned to a disc to play in a standalone player/PS3? Is it the ISO or the BDMV and the certificate?

7. mr.white

mr.white New Member

Is there still a place were I can get the v64 old version?

Thanks,

mr.white

8. hoju3508

hoju3508 Well-Known Member

Both should work.

9. beachball8

beachball8 Well-Known Member

sometimes clown demuxes subtitle with the _exp appended. what type of subtitle is this?

eg: Subtitle_11_English_exp.sup

10. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

all PGS subtitles have _exp in the name.

11. beachball8

beachball8 Well-Known Member

thanks for replying mike.

What I really was asking is why did clownbd produce subs with the _exp added this time. I have been using clown for a couple of months now and this is the first time I found _exp subs in the demux folder.

12. uwansumadis

uwansumadis Member

I have just started using Clown to back up my BRs. So far I have had 50% success in achieving my goal. I thought I had figured it out. I am wanting to create a file that will play on my PS3 media server and also an ISO file in case I want to later burn on to a replacement disc. I choose BR and ISO file as video output. An ISO is made which I can mount with virtual drive and plays great on my computer. I also go into the BR folder and copy the "stream" file to "my videos" before deleting it. It says it is a M2TS file. I have done 4 this way. All are recognized by the PS3. 2 will play fine. When I try to play the other 2, the PS3 says "data is corrupt" and won't play. All 4 files play fine on the PC with PowerDVD. Any thoughts?

Update: I think I found the problem. The discs are probably coded with VC-1, which apparently won't play on a PS3. Can that be converted?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  13. dbone1026

dbone1026 Member

To convert from VC-1 to AVC you will need to actually encode using a program like Ripbot264 or Handbrake

14. dbone1026

dbone1026 Member

Forced Subtitles

I have a question about forced subtitles. District 9 has forced subtitles. I ended up selecting all the English subtitles that show with Clown_BD since I have no way of knowing which one are the forced subtitles. My questions are:

1) Is this necessary to select all english subtitles, or will just checking the "Force Subtitles" box in Step 1 automatically detect the forced subtitles?

2) I selected all the English subtitles and was left with the below screenshot files. If I want to mux all the files into an mkv using mkvmerge, would I use "Subtitles_8_English.sup" or "Subtitles_8_English_FORCED.sup"? The "FORCED.sup" is a lot smalled then the other subtitle file, so I didn't know if this was just a placemarker letting me know that Subtitles_7 is a Forced subtitle.

[​IMG]

15. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

You can open them up in BDSup2Sub and see for yourself.

Like the name suggests, the _FORCED are when the aliens speak (or other none English dialogue). The Subtitles_8_English.sup is all subtitles including the forced captions.

16. HD4me

HD4me New Member

Hello,

I did BR and TS with ClownBD but no chapters where used from the original BR.
    How can I configure ClownBD to use the chapters from the eoriginal by default?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

HD4me

17. Bluer

Bluer Well-Known Member

No response - question deleted

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  18. dichtomat

dichtomat New Member

Set default subtitle track

Hi. I've got a disk where the forced subs are in an extra track and they aren't marked as forced. Is there any option to set the default subtitle track? For DVDs I searched an eternity and found the solution in Ifoedit, where I set the tracks (audio+subs) in the Pre commands. Can I do the same with a Blu Ray structure?

19. vurbano

vurbano Active Member

Can someone explain what happens when a BD has a theatrical and an unrated version on the disk? Does Clown BD just take the longer version? I usually only see one stream to select.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  20. vurbano

vurbano Active Member

And my Denon