Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by mike_r, Jan 15, 2009.

1. muad'dib

muad'dib Member

Feature Request for TrueHD to PCM

Fist Off, AWESOME program..8)

Could you add a feature to convert TrueHD tracks to multi-channel LPCM? using Pcm2Tsmu after to allow PCM track in tsmuxer.

Since Tsmuxer can't handle true hd tracks correctly..

2. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

no it doesn't. it never will. however, you should be able to take the output and use BDrebuilder manually afterwards.
  3. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

thanks for the feedback. i don't have any plans to add this.
  4. Duppie

Duppie Member

Great Tool. Many Thanks :clap:

Is it possible to add the option of keeping the HD audio tracks (THD / DTS-MA) as well as PCM for making a BD backup without converting audio to AC3 or DTS?
  5. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

THD = no point, as tsMuxer can't handle it.
    DTS-MA = does it anyway (select DTS & don't check CORE)
    PCM/LPCM = I'm not so sure, ususally these are ca. 4/5gb and generally people who want to have a movie only disk, space is critical.

I'll look into the PCM/LPCM - but I'm not even sure I have a disk to test on anyway.
  6. Duppie

Duppie Member

Thanks for the quick reply and your efforts to include PCM.
    I suppose you will include THD once tsMuxeR has been updated?
  7. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

as far as i know tsMuxeR is no longer supported. in the long term you have to wait for a Slysoft CloneHD product.
  8. Duppie

Duppie Member

From smartlabs website it is stated that "tsMuxer's next release is scheduled in the beginning of 2009. Please send your suggestions and recommendations - we will keep them in mind..."
  9. jidelite

jidelite Well-Known Member

"THD = no point, as tsMuxer can't handle it."
    It does have some trouble with THD but I've been using TsMuxer (1.8.4 & 1.8.8 ) for a while and when I use the option to 'Create Blu-Ray disk' after selecting the video track and the THD track, my PowerDVD 8 (2217a in 6 channel mode as I do not have HDMI for sound) sends THD as LPCM to my receiver fine. If I were to use your program, I would want an option to keep THD untouched...

10. jj666

jj666 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that TSMUXER works in any case with TrueHD audio - are you sure it's not sending the standard AC3 core?

As far as remuxing TrueHD, the general recommendation is to use TSREMUX.

11. fast eddie

fast eddie Well-Known Member

version 07 not working

Bottom of the step one box does not even show any of the commands to move on to the step two box. Locked on to the step one box can't move.

12. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

what OS & screen res ? I've tried it on both XP and Vista....
  13. fast eddie

screen res=1024X768
    operating system =xp pro and xp home edition

file for showing all the settings also won't stay locked in for the new changed settings.

using "fasteddie" as a code for the for changing the picture settings is also not working

you have to always go back to the executable file for the whole program to even process thru the step pages. locked into step page 1. Only way to reset is to go back to the executable file but step one page is ALL MESSED UP.
  14. fast eddie

I sent SMLABS something similar to this:

1. Currently TSMUXER cannot build a compliant Blu-ray structure when high defination audio is present in the movie only. Please consider to fix this on your next version.

2. Currently TSMUXER cannot correctly fix the audio gaps when the movie only consists of more than one M2TS file. Please consider to fix this on your next version.

Thank you
  15. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

you can only go to the 'small screen' when the file locations for eac,tsm,img & wav are all valid.

v0.08b is coming in a few mins, and the error messages are on the status bar, so hopefully clearer ???
  16. BurnerHEAD

BurnerHEAD Well-Known Member

Version 0.08b is online now.

Have fun!
  17. fast eddie

Great job mrr19121970 much, much better, version 08 than 07.

You also, may have the fastest processing from the start of a BDMV folder to a compliant Blu-ray structure with high defination audio and multiple M2TS files and with no compression and bitrate same as source Blu-ray disk.

I believe TSMUXER would be a bit faster but would not have high defination audio and only one M2TS file and with no compression.

The processing of only M2TS file works great too. And the file showing all the custom locations is accepting change and keeping the change.

I plan on using your new software program now on all Blu-ray disks that don't need any compression or re-encoding, and use your output BDMV folder and load that into DVD rebuilder to re-encode to BD-5 (4.7gb) or BD-9(8.5gb) or BD-R (25gb) on blank disks that need to be compressed.

Loading just what is only needed into DVD rebuilder should cut down on the re-encoding time quite a bit.

Great software program

18. jidelite

jidelite Well-Known Member

jj666, I'm sure I'm not sending the AC3 core. PDVD (set to 6 channels) info says TrueHD and I send it to my pre-processor's analog-ins. As far as remuxing goes, I agree that you should use Tsremux but I don't really remux. In fact, I stopped using eac3to altogether as I use TSmuxer straight from the BD disc to create my Blu-Ray compliant disc on my HDD (I pick the video, HD audio, and chapters). After I use Imageburn to create the .ISO file from the TSmuxer output, PDVD has plays every TrueHD sound track with no problem. I guess I'm the only one :) ...

19. jj666

jj666 Well-Known Member

Hello there,

I wanted to report back that I remuxed two Blu-ray movies fine using the program last nite (both TrueHD -> DTS).

Many thanks for adding the "core" switch and the pulldown for the bitrate selection - one small request though, when the button to extract the core is ticked, the -1536 option should be removed from the command line as this does a re-encode of the DTS core to DTS rather than a simple extraction of the DTS core perfomed by having just the -core option enabled.

20. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

I don't think I need to do it... When you select CORE and you don't want a different bitrate, then you as the user can choose space in bitrate. I think this is more flexible.

check it out by deselecting all chapters, video & audio and then your DTS. On the status bar you can see what will be given to eac3to.