Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by mike_r, Jan 15, 2009.

1. jj666

jj666 Well-Known Member

Problem solved then, thanks for the excellent frontend again :)

2. Alan111S

Alan111S Member

I have tried Version 0.8 but stopped when I got to the screen where you set your audio options. What I want to be able to do is keep the main movie only with HD sound (DTS-MA or TRUE-HD), to play on my Popcorn Hour A-110 and Onkyo 606. The A-110 can bitstream HD Audio and the Onkyo will decode it.

In your program there isn't an option to leave the HD sound alone. As far as I could tell, one has to downgrade it to core?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Many thanks for your efforts! ;)

3. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

TrueHD (this is a known issue with the underlying program tsMuxer) doesn't work, you have to select AC3, and leave bitrate blank to take the quality from the stream to get the core.

DTS-MA works, you have to select DTS (CORE unchecked), and leave bitrate blank to take the quality from the stream.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  4. Magikman

Magikman Member

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to study issues I had trying to rip a backup of Transformers to my server. I've made many attempts to demux the True HD audio stream and remux it back into the movie. I've had some sucess but realized I was now having audio sync problems. :bang: In an attempt to continue to research the issue I ran into your Clown front-end. I tried it last night and I have to say cudos to you man! First run was absolutely perfect!:bowdown:
  5. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

spread the word....
  6. tomcam

tomcam Well-Known Member

tested version 0.8 today without any problems. what i don`t like so much is the screen now when eac3to is working while demuxing the files. before it was much better with the "dos window" where i could see what`s happening and whow long it`ll take to the end. now there`s just a small popup which tell`s me waiting for ...

but anyway great work !!! :rock:
  7. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

maybe i'll make it an option to show/hide the box.

no updates for a few days, i need a rest and have a stack of films to watch.
  8. Spiderhouse

Spiderhouse Well-Known Member

I think also, great work:clap:

9. mochevolete

mochevolete Active Member

I'm afraid to look dumb, but a BD IS in the drive but I can't get past the first screen, I've set the various programs location and then ???

10. lwgreen

lwgreen Well-Known Member

You have to click on the "Next" button at the bottom right of the window. If you can't see it, you may have to change your screen resolution. On my monitor, the buttons appear only when my cursor is on them.:)
  11. rstev39147

rstev39147 New Member

Best option for regular DL DVD

I hate being a noob but what would be the best options to convert a blu ray rip to fit on a dual layer DVD?
  12. gonwk

gonwk Well-Known Member

THANKS MRR for the GREAT Thread!

13. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

i guess the best option would be to start off with DVD content, as transcoding from 30-50 gb down to 9 would take a few days and the quality would be dodgy
  14. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

i guess i'm going to have to do something about the window size. it amazes me how many people want HD content on a low-res monitor.

i had another idea today too, which was AVCHD output for the PS3 (involves splitting the files into 4gb chunks and naming the folders and files to 8.3 format) - anyone interested ? in this as a feature ?
  15. Duppie

Duppie Member

That would be great for our PS3 users together with PCM support if it is possible.

Anyway, many thanks again for this nice frontend.:bowdown:
  16. fast eddie

fast eddie Well-Known Member

I would depend on what is on the source Blu-ray disk, one M2ts file for the main movie or more than one M2ts file for the main movie, high defination audio or no high defination audio, do you want the bitrate same as the source disk or are you willing to re-encode it.

Example 1 (best video quality to fit on BD-9 (8.5gb blank DISKS)
    with no high defination audio and only one M2TS file, no compression
    anyDVD HD

Example 2
    with high defination audio and more than one M2TS file for the main movie
    no compression
    anyDVD HD

Example 3
    with high defination audio and more than one M2TS file for the main movie
    and compression and re-encoding, video quality not as good because video is being compressed.
    (fit on one BD-9 8.5gb disk)
    AnyDVD HD
    BD rebuilder
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  17. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

option 2 Clown_BD can process straight through (BDInfo not required, nor ImgBurn)...

@FastEddie, look out for v0.09b soon

FastEddie mode
    AVCHD FAT32/PS3 compatability mode - can someone with a PS3 please test ?
    Option to show/hide DOS box for eac3to (I tried it on a dual core and now know why you're worried)
  18. jj666

jj666 Well-Known Member

I would suggest to be very careful about functionality which has anything to do with PS3 users. Please check the TSMUXER thread on the Doom9 forum and you can see the average intellectual capacity of said HD playback device user and their ability to spam threads solid with useless enquiries ;-)

Just to report back that I've been steadily remuxing with v0.08 - up to about 15 titles with no issues now. I was looking for the alternative for the other "EAC3TO and More GUI" frontend and have now found it - thanks again!

19. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

v0.09b is out.

Hopefully it's foolproof on the AVCHD, and there will be no numbskull questions.

FastEddie will be pleased (I hope)
  20. BurnerHEAD

BurnerHEAD Well-Known Member

New Files uploaded, including translation.

Have fun!