Pick and choose what you want on your 25 gb backup

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by gaak, Mar 5, 2013.

1. gaak

gaak Well-Known Member

I have three criteria for my Blu-ray backups:

1. I like to keep the menus and extras.
    2. I remove the previews and other annoyances.
    3. I burn to a 25 gb disc.

I haven't been able to find a one-shot piece of software to do this (Looks like Slyce will do it but it isn't here yet.) but I have been able to combine two programs that will do the job. I use Clown_BD BD Copier to remove what I don't want. Then run BD Rebuilder to compress the output of BD Copier to a 25 gb disc. I've tried it with about a dozen discs so far with excellent results. The only caveat is the author of BD Rebuilder will not provide support when his program is used this way. Just thought I'd share. :)

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

You do know that bdrb has the power to keep menu and movie too right? Along with the power to blank out unwanted material and can shrink the disc too. So it is a one stop solution. You're just not using it that way.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

3. gaak

gaak Well-Known Member

I looked at that but the blanked item was greyed out. How do you turn it on?

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

add
    ENABLE_BLANKING=1
    into the BDRebuilder.ini file

5. gaak

gaak Well-Known Member

OK, unless I am mistaken again, I looked at "Blank Item" and it does not give the same granularity that is, I can't blank a specific warning or notice by nnnnn.mpls that I can with BD Copier.

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

Yes you can, only to do manual blanking you need to double click on the disc title in the tree view to see all titles. After that its just a matter of previewing and blanking.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

7. gaak

gaak Well-Known Member

Okay, the only way I got most of the titles to show was to check "Movie & Menus (Auto-blank Extras)" under "Mode" and then I went in and unblanked what I wanted.

8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

True but if you double click on the disc title, you go into manual blanking mode and see alot more titles and copyright etc crap you can remove/unblank

9. gaak

gaak Well-Known Member

Thanks Ch3vr0n and Adbear, you've been a big help.