Problem playing all DVD titles

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by bryancpa, Jun 22, 2012.

1. bryancpa

bryancpa Member

My Survivor Season 11 DVD set seems to decrypt with no problem but I'm only able to play 2 of the 3 episodes (titles) on each disc in the set. The discs recognize and play all three titles in my stand alone DVD player (PS3) so it's not a problem with the discs. When playing disc 1 for example on my PS3, the first episode displays as title 2, the second episode as title 3, and the third episode as title 7. The AnyDVD log file seems to report deletion of titlesets 7 through 14 as bogus which seems to be why episode 3 (title 7) is not avaliable. The disc 1 AnyDVD Logfile from version 7.0.4.3 is attached. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

The powers that be will have to look at this one. Thanks for the logfile!

-W

3. James

James SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

Try to disable "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" for this disc.

4. bryancpa

bryancpa Member

I tried that and it still won't play title 7. If it helps, I created a new Logfile attached with the "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" disabled if it helps. Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. just curious

just curious Well-Known Member

Are you using Clonedvd on Survivor season 11?

Are you using Clonedvd on Survivor season 11?

The reason I ask is that a couple of times over the years I had something similar happen when using clonedvd. Content was missing from my backup copy .

For the heck of it I did another backup from the original but I instead used Dvdshrink - the Dvdshrink backup had all the content!

I went back to using clonedvd and it happened again nearly a year later on a different dvd. I used Dvdshrink again and the backup had all the content!

As I solved my own problem I never bothered posting the minor issue ( it only happened twice out of a large number of backups )

So if you used clonedvd try dvdshrink instead and see if that solves the issue.

If you used dvdshrink try clonedvd instead as it may be due to a dvdshrink "bug"!

6. bryancpa

bryancpa Member

I don't own clonedvd. Dvdshrink does not see the third episode either. When I attempt to play the missing third episode on my PC via TMT or streaming to my Popcorn Hour, the disc either stops playing or crashes the system. The only way I have been able to play the third episode is via a stand alone DVD player.

7. just curious

Use trial version

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

You can download clonedvd for a free trial from above link and see if using clonedvd solves the problem.

Below is another dvd shrink option to try

When you used dvd shrink did you use it directly on the original dvd?

Another option to try would be using anydvd's "Rip Video DVD to Harddisc..." mode ( accessible via the anydvd system tray by right clicking fox icon ) on the dvd

When rip is finished use dvd shrink on the folder and see if that solves the problem

8. bryancpa

bryancpa Member

No luck with Clonedvd. I get an error message when I try to open the DVD like with Dvdshrink.

I tried using AnyDVD to rip the DVD to the hard drive but I get an error message and the creation of a dump file which I have attached here. If I enable "copy protection based on unreadable sectors", the rip works but it doesn't include title 7 (the missing third episode) since AnyDVD considers it bogus with this option enabled.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  9. just curious

The dump file may tell James what the problem is

Someone from slysoft should be responding to this thread later on!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  10. bryancpa

bryancpa Member

I installed beta 7.0.4.4 and still having the same problem. I have attached an updated log file and dump file from this new beta version if helpful.

Attached Files:

11. James

Can you please specify exactly where to find this disc? Title, country, EAN code or Amazon order link?

Thank you!

12. bryancpa

bryancpa Member

13. James

Thank you!

14. bryancpa

bryancpa Member

Still removing title 7 with new version 7.0.5.0. New log file attached. Let me know if I can provide any additional info.

Attached Files:

15. James

The problem I have:
    I ordered and received the discs, but my set has no protection at all.
    The discs are different to yours, so there must be at least two versions, and - bad luck - I got one without protection.

I'll try to figure it out from your log, but this is much more difficult than having the disc.

16. James

I am sorry, but I can't fix this without the physical disc. I give up. Sorry.

17. bryancpa

bryancpa Member

Is there any way of sending you the physical disc? Would be nice to get a fix as it's doing the same thing on my season 12 DVD set and will likely be on subsequent seasons to be released in the future. Thanks for your efforts.