[Resolved] First problem in 2 years.

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by PHANTOM1939, Nov 17, 2008.

1. PHANTOM1939

PHANTOM1939 Well-Known Member

This is my first problem in 2 years. I am trying to backup my "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?" It will not get past the scanning stage. Is this just a bad 2nd disc, (I've already returned 1 back to Walmart), or has it got a problem. I hope that I have sent you enough info in regards to this DVD..... Thanx, Pops

Attached Files:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

How long did you let Clonedvd wait? Also, are you using Clonedvd

I'll send a PM to James.
  3. PHANTOM1939

Clone went for about 2 hours. Yes...I'm using the latest updates for ANYDVD (V 6484)and CLONEDVD2 (V 2920)
  4. Webslinger

O.k. That's nuts. I sent a Private Message to James.
  5. PHANTOM1939

Thanx. Any help would be welcome. Using original discs in this house is a NO NO..... and this will be a well used DVD. Thanx again.......Pops
  6. James

James SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

This is a game DVD, I assume it won't work correctly when AnyDVD is running...?
    It is always a good idea to check, if a DVD *works* before even attempting to copy it.

Can you please try to temporary disable the option to remove "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" in AnyDVD?
    Don't forget to re-enable it when done.
  7. Webslinger

:confused: Not a PC game, certainly?

Edit: ohhhhhh

Maybe use Clonecd or use "Write Existing Data", James?

Sorry, I'll butt out now.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  8. rufussjones

rufussjones New Member

I've had the same trouble ...

Hi y'all, I also had that same issue, I just assumed the disk brand was sub-par and got another brand's spindle. As it turned out, I did not have enough disk space on the drive that help by temp dir with CloneDVD2. I moved some stuff off the main partition and it worked great just as it always had. So I bought a USB drive, moved all DVD related files (space hogs) to that and kept my temp on the faster SATA drive. All is good now in "back-up" land. : )

9. Webslinger

Unless you have a game on a dvd that's not actually a movie, it's not the same issue at all.
    Anydvd and Clonedvd are intended for commercially released dvd-videos--not games.

The disc in question does not comply to a dvd-video standard (it's not a movie).

By the way, PHANTOM1939, I suspect this method will work: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327
    But James would know better than I would. Regardless, you should do what James wrote.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  10. PHANTOM1939

Thanx guys....James idea worked real good. I now have the backup for the grand kids to play. I may stand corrected, BUT, Is this really a game??? The file structor and format are the same as in any DVD movie. This is just visually of coarse....I don't know what the actual structure inside the file is.... Over a year ago, I backed up our SCENE IT! (Harry Potter). It backed up as easy as any movie did. Anyway....Thanxs James and thanx to Webslinger for all the help. I follow this forum daily, but rarely do I log on. Have a good one.......Pops
  11. Webslinger

Yes. It is. Click http://www.amazon.com/Are-Smarter-than-Grader-Game/dp/B000S606SM

No. Not exactly

You are watching video, but it's not the same structure as a typical dvd movie.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008