[Resolved] Problems with "The Other Guys" DVD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by copier, Dec 17, 2010.

1. copier

copier Member

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and am having problems making a copy of my "The Other Guys" DVD.

The thing says: "File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader"

It also says, "If reading the media has failed, clean the surface and try again."

I thought it was the DVD so I switched it out for another copy. Same problem.

I have a purchased copy of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, but fear of upgrading it because I don't want to end up having to use the trial program. My copier has been making new and current dvd's up to this point with no problem so the software must be up to date.

2. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

Please post a LOG file.
  3. copier

copier Member

From AnyDVD?

4. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

From both AnyDVD and CloneDVD.
  5. copier

copier Member

From AnyDVD:

From CloneDVD2:

File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB:Read Error

The system cannot read from the specified device.

If reading the media has failed please clean the surface and try again.

File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader

CloneDVD2 Log:
  6. calcu007

calcu007 Well-Known Member

First update AnyDVD. The last version works without problem. Last version is
  7. Daemon

Daemon Well-Known Member

If you have purchased a copy then why would you fear updating? Why would you think you would end up having to use a trial version? :confused: You are using AnyDVD which was released almost a year ago (12-25-2009) Why would you think that version would be up to date? Please update to AnyDVD and post an actual logfile. To create a log, right click the AnyDVD icon on the lower right hand side of your task bar and click on create logfile then attach the file here if you want someone to be able to help you ;)
  8. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

Use the latest version of software and post the entire ZIP file containing logs when logs are requested. If you don't update and are using a very old version then problems are bound to happen and old versions simply aren't supported. As new versions come out the old ones become obsolete and supporting the old versions simply doesn't make sense with how quickly we see changes made to protection mechanisms.

As is already apparent from the snippet you did post from the CloneDVD logs and such the error you are receiving is a read error. This read error is most likely the direct result of structural protections used on the disc and given the age of your version of AnyDVD there simply is no support for the removal of the protections used.

At this point I'd say logs are pretty much useless in this case unless you update to AnyDVD and then post logs as well as seeing if your problem goes away. Also make sure you are using CloneDVD v2.9.2.8 or v2.9.2.9 beta. You should not be using any version below v2.9.2.8.

Lastly, for the record, AnyDVD was released on December 28, 2009. It's ~10 days shy of a year old and there have been numerous enhancements to some structural protections as well as countless fixes to AnyDVD since then. There have been no less than 106 AnyDVD updates released since v6.6.0.9 was released. You definitely need to update AnyDVD.

I really don't understand this statement at all. Regardless, everything I wrote above quoting you is valid. Update your software and try again.
  9. calcu007

calcu007 Well-Known Member

His fear is that his cracked version stop working. I doubt he has a legal version
  10. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

If that is the case then good luck getting support. :rolleyes: There is absolutely zero reason why any support should be given by a version a year old that has been superseded by 106 updates.
  11. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Actually there's one reason. LOL
    The situation might exist out there, where a customer bought a 1 year subscription and it ran out.
    He therefore has a legit version - but it's out of date.

In this case "support" would merely consist of determining if the movie in question was "too new for his version" - and advising him to "re-up" his subscription.

12. Yaris

Yaris Well-Known Member

Ah yes the dreaded trial version that strikes fear in cracked version users. Too bad. :clap:
  13. copier

copier Member

AnyDVD update worked. Thanks guys.