Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition Software' started by SamuriHL, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ddjmagic

ddjmagic Well-Known Member

Same could be said about Cinavia removal -
    "who needs Cinavia removal? I have XBMC, ...., I don't need it" :D

I'd love a real player to compete with TMT/PowerDVD/WinDVD.
    The free players are great but for proper full complete BD playback they aren't even close.
  2. ouch......
  3. mer2329

mer2329 Well-Known Member

i know this is a freeware probuct and there are some who want to use things that require licencing. so how about a changing to a freemium model
    most things are unlocked and working but certain things like dolby headphones will have a paddilock next to it and will only work is a key is installed
    the info pake would default to free edition
    if the product is licenced it would say premium edition (or licenced version) licenced to, licence number (similar to anyDVD)
    another way you could do this is licence each part or all at once and in the info window it would say dolby headphones active (or a seperate licence key) any others would be there to in a similar format
  4. Giblet

Giblet New Member

I just want to see something. I've been waiting a long time, love ANYDVD and clone dvd/2 - I've been holding out for the slysoft product because I am a fan.
    Hopefully my son will get to see it in his lifetime.
  5. dugg914

dugg914 Active Member

More likely your grandson. :(
  6. rotty dog

rotty dog Well-Known Member

Yes this one is a shame.

Not an easy task, I think we have been told that Slyplayer is not a current project or was to be a spin off from Slyce.

If im wrong then I apologise but im sure I remember James saying.

Out of Slyplayer or Slyce, I would have thought Slyplayer would have been the most useful project and a Commercial winner.

BUT not an easy project to get right.
  7. tgp7777777

tgp7777777 Well-Known Member

Very prophetic!
  8. liels

liels Well-Known Member

9. sondeterra

sondeterra Well-Known Member

With the announcement of Clone BD release as imminent, what about Sly Player as I thought was required for Clone BD to work?
  10. Macadamianut

Macadamianut Member

It really is a shame this project never went ahead.
    So sick of having everything setup for bluray playing, then out of the blue, comercial program deciding my setup is no longer HDCP compliant, (even though nothing has changed) causing only core bitstreaming.
    We need a bluray player that can play disks in all their glory not being tied to HDCP crap.

TMT/PowerDVD/Windvd are just not good enough.
    The free players are only good for playing ripped content.
  11. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

Once upon a time and many times after it was stated that SlyPlayer wouldn't be released before Slyce/CloneBD. I have yet to see any public statement that SlyPlayer is a dead project.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  12. ddjmagic

ddjmagic Well-Known Member

It was mentioned previously that Slyplayer might be based off of Slyce/CloneBD built in preview player. Seeing as CloneBD preview player doesn't really seem to offer anything more than simple stream playback (which can be done on many other free players) I'd say we are a long way off a proper BD player from Slysoft.