Successful Copy Of Shrek Forever After

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by tpalma, Dec 8, 2010.

1. tpalma

tpalma Well-Known Member

I have A Redbox Rental Shrek Forever After, Using only Rip to hardrive, feature. Using Anydvd 6.7.5.0:rock:
    Now it did take a bit longer than useal like 45min or so but hey it's all good cuz it really depends on how bad you want the backup. People,
    you need to explore and use different settings to find your own glitch to make a successful backup. Its like your cell phone you pay alot money to have the latest features, but if you dont use and explore the full capability of ur phone than why buy a high end phn.:rolleyes: Iam just saying it as an example.
    Here is my Log have fun!!!!:aiee:

Attached Files:

2. calcu007

calcu007 Well-Known Member

This movie doesnt has structural protection.

3. mike_r

mike_r Moderator (de)

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
    Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.7.5.0)
    SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B T502 DEL
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
    Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2083200 sectors (4068 MBytes)
    Total size: 3717706 sectors (7261 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SHREK_FOREVER_AFTER
    Media is CSS protected!
    Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
    Video Standard: NTSC

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
    Found & removed structural copy protection!
    Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
    Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
    Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
    RCE protection not found.
    UDF filesystem patched!
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.
    Removed CSS copy protection!
    Found & removed 17 potential bad sector protections!
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.7.5.0 ) is up to date.
    Code:
    SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-348B T502 DEL
    Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
    If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
    See here and here.

You have forced the AI Scanner, this is not recommended. Please press the default button in the AnyDVD settings.

This disk contains structural protection & bad sector protection. Please either use AnyDVDs 'Rip To Harddrive' function or use CloneDVD. See here for details.

4. tpalma

tpalma Well-Known Member

Ok Mr. Mike noway in form iam trying to be scarcaset, I totally understand that using the forced AI Scanner is not recommend, it does say that when you chose that option, In Anydvd.:doh:
    With that said, We all here for one purpose "To Successfuly Backup A Dvd"And to help others who are having problems with their backups. Like I said before People need to find their own glitch in doing this. I have a regist copy of my anydvd and have been since 2008. The reason I have been using the Forced scanner is cuz when lionsgate came out and in full force the default setting didnt backup my copy and i kind left it alone. And what harm done is it if I do use Forced Scanner, Instead of knocking me down on how I Successfuly backup my copy, I think mods should take the concept of what the purpose of being on the forms is all about. Iam just stating on how i feel. So no hard feeling towards you mike personally Iam just stating in general.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  5. xCharvelx416

xCharvelx416 Well-Known Member

@tpalma,

It's my understanding, that Forced AI Scanning, is used if there is an issue with AnyDVD and the disk in question.

Normally, this function should be off.

Take a look at what Mike posted from your AnyDVD status, it shows the disk having structural protection. It doesn't. Here's mine:

You really should turn it off, unless you post about an issue here, and the developers want you to turn it on to see if that changes anything with AnyDVD.

6. dirio49

dirio49 Well-Known Member

creating the log forces the ai on. ;)

7. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

To the OP - There are no known issues regarding the latest Shrek vs AnyDVD to begin with.
    Therefore advocating "strange methods" to solve a problem that does not exist seems to be in and of itself "strange".
    -W

8. jmilez

jmilez Member

I think the Default worked, but also deleted the CSS Key

I tried everything in the thread to no avail. Was trying to make another backup because I accidentally deleted the first backup. Went to click the Default settings suggested by Mike (I don't mess with the settings, but gave it a shot) and also noticed the CSS keys had all the keys in there from the past. So deleted the Shrek key. Then everything magically worked... Just something to remember/try in the future! (they were two different discs)

9. DaGoatRancher

DaGoatRancher Well-Known Member

I don't understand the reason for OP's post either. I am assuming there must be a back story here that I missed.