Trial version

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray)' started by YoshiSato, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoshiSato

YoshiSato New Member

Is there anyway to get a trial of AnyDVD HD before I upgrade? I bought AnyDVD a few years ago and never had a need for the HD version until now.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator nl

the hd functions work just the same like for dvd's, decryption on the fly. The only way to trial the HD functions is on another computer. Once anydvd has been installed you cannot trial again.

3. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Why?
    Does AnyDVD work for you?
    Do you like it?
    The HD version is the same program.

-W

4. Jeff R 1

Jeff R 1 Well-Known Member

And the Trail version works great when you're off road or out in the sticks ! :D

5. martythebrit

martythebrit Active Member

Just don't forget your helmet...

6. Frank

Frank SlySoft Support Team

No, and it's simply not necessary

The functionality is the same so there is nothing "new" to demo.

7. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

It sounds like YoshiSato wants to try the HD features. He somehow thinks it works differently with Blu-ray/HD-DVD media.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  8. Frank

Of course

I know that and what I meant is there is nothing "new" to demo / no difference between what happens after inserting a BluRay and a DVD.

9. Recycle

Recycle Well-Known Member

Only for 30 days trial. It's better to just purchase it as a bundle or if wanting just one go for Anydvd HD as you never know when you might go BD. But downloading a newer version doesn't give you a new lease on using the program as mentioned by others on here. We all have to pay for using good software that works off road and or in the sticks.....

10. Erkunder

Erkunder Well-Known Member

So why not restrict trial use to AnyDVD non-HD for new customers, too? I don't see why a hitherto non-HD customer should not be allowed to try HD while a fresh customer is. Are there more technical reasons with e.g. licence handling?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  11. Peer

Peer SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

Of course, it's technical reasons and only that kind.

12. Recycle

Recycle Well-Known Member

I go as far as call that cheating and you have to pay for something if you want support for it or continued development to update and improve the software. Otherwise there is just the plain Anydvd itself there is no excuse for trying to get something for nothing. And how and whom would be known as a new customer??? A prior customer can use another family member CC to buy Anydvd and claim to be a new customer and thus bypass any kinda of checks and balances thus putting the rest of us LTL of Anydvd HD at a disadvantage and hurting all legit users of Anydvd HD at the same time whom paid good money for have the "HD" benefit. So want HD buy the Anydvd HD even if you don't use it you will have the benefits there when you upgrade to a BD burner drive you will already be ahead of the pack.

13. RBBrittain

RBBrittain Well-Known Member

By your arguments there shouldn't be ANY trial users. The trial is limited to 21 days so you can determine if AnyDVD (regular or HD) works for you before buying; its functionality is also restricted. After all, everyone starts out as a n00b. :doh:

I'd rather just accept Peer's response, which is understandable, and be done with it. :rock:

14. Frank

Done is done

Further discussion here is pointless.
    Peer is correct, there are technical reasons for no second trial and that is that.

BTW: there are no functionality restrictions in the trial. Unlike many other vendors we do not limit functionality during the trial.

Closing.

15. James

James SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

This is not completely true. Trial versions won't save preferences, so if AnyDVD is restarted, all settings (like region code, speed menu choices, ...) must be set up again.

16. Frank

ah ... right

Yes, I forgot about that.
    I had focused on the basic functionality of disc in/scan/that's all folks

Thanks for pointing that out, James.

17. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator (en)

Just for the sake of being complete trials can't use the update server, as well, so there is a small limitation there.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

18. Frank

Yes and ...

Of course, but the ORIGINAL question was not about the difference between a trial and a licensed version, but if one can "trial" the HD functions.

No, one can't - it is not necessary and not possible for technical reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.