Virtual CloneDrive Release

Discussion in 'Virtual CloneDrive' started by BurnerHEAD, Dec 28, 2009.

1. BurnerHEAD

BurnerHEAD Well-Known Member

I thought I would just update this forum here, since some people still use the beta and post issues with that version.

Virtual CloneDrive 2009 12 14
    - New: Added version info to tray icon
    - New: Added option, where VCD can be instructed to unmount an image file
    when the virtual tray is opened (e.g., eject from Windows explorer).
    - Change: Default file associations
    - Fix: Optical drives could disappear after uninstall
    - Updated languages
    - Some minor changes and improvements

Best Regards,
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

3. hackerock

hackerock New Member

Blue Screen on Windows 7 Ultimate after driver install

I have a Laptop AIRIS Praxis N1101 with Windows 7 Ultiimate in spanish, I tried to install Virtual CloneDrive, but when the instalation installed the driver for the Virtual Drive I've got a BLUE SCREEN!!!! :eek: And then it kept rebooting trying to boot (in all different methods (Safe mode, last good know good configuration, etc... but with no results ).

After some tests :aiee:.... finally I tried to boot pressing F8, and then choosing the first option... I don't know what it say in English but it's something like "FIX AUTOMATICALLY".... then I get a screen where I choosed Command prompt... there I renamed C:\windows\system32\drivers\vclone.sys as vclone.old.... so this way I clould start Windows normally and then uninstall Virtual CloneDrive

It is weird, because I have installed the same version of Virtual CloneDrive on my Desktop with the same OS....:confused:

So I hope there is a new release soon.....:(
  4. BurnerHEAD

BurnerHEAD Well-Known Member

Please post debugging log and dump/crash information that windows created.

For reference you could post a AnyDVD logfile with your system informations and your other drivers loaded, that might cause conflicts.

Best Regards,
  5. diane7

diane7 New Member

I have been using Virtual CloneDrive since Version and today is the First Time I got a Blue Screen . Vist 32 sp2.
    Working Now.. Maybe the problem was my Kids Playing around With Game Jackal pro that i installed this morning ..?
  6. randyorton

randyorton New Member

Virtual Clone Drive works and behaves just like a physical CD/DVD drive, however it exists only virtually. Image files generated with CloneDVD or CloneCD can be mounted onto a virtual drive from your hard-disk or from a network drive and used in the same manner as inserting them into a normal CD/DVD drive.
    Virtual Clone Drive Release
  7. DNez2001

DNez2001 New Member

Still have Error: Can't Open VCD

I have installed the latest version on 64 bit Win7Pro, and I am getting the std problematic error "can't open VCD!" I have restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times, but to no avail. What is really weird is that I installed on another computer of mine, running 64 bit Win7Ult, and it worked first time.

Any ideas what is conflicting with the program? I would really love to see this work.
  8. jjose2008

jjose2008 New Member

I loose win 7 "BURN DISK IMAGE"

if I install "virtual clone driver", I loose win 7 "BURN DISK IMAGE" .

any way to solve that pls

juan abba
  9. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

You just right click on the image and chose 'open with' and the 'Windows disc image burner' option is in there
  10. jjose2008

jjose2008 New Member

perfect answer

thanks a lot

11. Comer

Comer Well-Known Member

I updated my PowerDVD 9 to the latest patch and none of my images would work any more with VCD. Got the "There is a disk with an unsupported format in Drive #" message. I reverted back to an older version of PowereDVD 9 and everything is fine again.
  12. James

James SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

Running Windows XP? I believe this is a bug in PowerDVD. Tell them.
  13. Comer

Comer Well-Known Member

Just discovered, a message must have minimum of 10 characters, what about the environment?
  14. James

James SlySoft Development Team Staff Member

Please try this version: