vista code 10

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by bryanrn, Apr 20, 2008.

1. bryanrn

bryanrn New Member

I have been using Anydvd for some time without difficulty. Anydvd is not recognizing my dvd writer (I have done the unistall/reinstall Anydvd without success. I have now unistalled Anydvd and clonedvd2) and when I go to 'my computer' my dvd drive is not showing up. When I go to the 'device manager' there is a yellow triangel with an exclamation point next to the drive. When I click on the device the status shows "This device cannot start (code 10)". I click on the 'check for solutions' and get 'could not load driver software'. Although Windows Vista states driver is up to date. I have tried to locate a fix for the Code 10 but so far unable to locate any. My compter is a Toshiba Satellite A135-s4487 and my dvd drive is a Pioneeer DVR-K17A. Is there anyone here who has any ideas on how to fix this. I would be much appreciative. Thanks!

2. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Have you tried uninstalling the optical drive in Device Manager? After doing so, Windows will reinstall after you reboot. That most generally cures the problem.

3. bryanrn

bryanrn New Member

I uninstalled the device from device manager and when I rebooted Windows it attempted to install the driver but it failed. I will try to call Pioneer tomorrow for assistance in installation and then post what they say. Apparently this is an ATAPI device and there are no drivers for it :confused: well at least that is what I read.

4. zebadee

zebadee Moderator

Hi :)
    There are drivers, but they should be in the OS.
    If you have one try a different cable. It might be that.