Vista MCE does not recognize DVD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD' started by RacerChris, Jul 13, 2009.

1. RacerChris

RacerChris New Member

I get a "Windows Media Center cannot detect a video DVD in the DVD ROM drive. Insert a video DVD into the Drive." error after inserting a DVD and trying to play it from within Vista Media Center.

I upgraded to the most current version of AnyDVD. I did not see Nemo on the list of DVD's that won't work.

Funny thing is that when I drop to the system and try to look at the DVD, the system ejects the DVD. Perhaps this isn't an AnyDVD problem, but maybe someone can help me with this. Most of the time, this is not a problem, but has happened with other DVDs occasionally...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. AGJ

AGJ Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this will work but you can try deleting the DVD drive from the computer and then reboot and let Vista install it again. To do that go control panel, device manager, DVD/CD-ROM drives. Then you right click your DVD-ROM and click uninstall. Reboot
  3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
    b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
    c) Reboot
    d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in the drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)