Whats going on? Java Update 15 Not On Their Website

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by fast eddie, Aug 5, 2009.

1. fast eddie

fast eddie Well-Known Member

I noticed Java update 15 is out and not able to get it from their home website, but can can get it at another website like filehippo.

How is the third party website getting Java update 15 before it is released from their own homebase website?

:confused:

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Moderator (en)

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

I see update 15.

3. fast eddie

OPS!!!
    I forgot I turned the Java software update program off so it would not run 100% of the time and check only for updates once per month. I also removed it from MSCONFIG to gain resources and performance.

All is well now, I downloaded it from the Java website and installed. Then turned off the auto update again to gain resources and performance and removed Java from MSCONFIG start-ups.

:D

4. matrix

matrix Well-Known Member

5. DrinkLyeAndDie

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  6. fast eddie

This is the Java version that I have been using, what is the difference from the SE version that you have been using from the website you have shown?
    Also, what is the difference from the JDK version and the JRE version?
    Other than operating system Windows 7,Vista,Windows 2000, and exployer 8

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

This website and filehippo show version 1.6.0.15 (basic standard) and running XP operating system

7. DrinkLyeAndDie

We're both using the JRE. The Java Runtime Environment is just needed to run Java in your browser, Java-based software, etc, while the JDK is exactly what it means which is Java Development Kit. Developers need the JDK and the JDK comes bundled with the JRE.

Both webpages allow you to download an online installation method installer which is 698 kb with the same filename. The online installer file downloaded from the webpage I posted was digitally signed on August 5th, 2009 and the one posted on the website you posted was signed on July 31, 2009.

8. blackberry8100

blackberry8100 New Member